Envoy has pioneered the unique and exclusive service of Financial Assistance to the Indian students for assisting and guiding them in securing financial assistance from foreign universities. This cell has helped thousands of students in securing financial aid from the universities. All the students whose applications are received at the Envoy are screened by expert committee for applying for financial assistance. Envoy considers some of the following criteria for assisting students in obtaining Financial Aid.
- Maintains a database on all the universities, which provide financial aid to international student.
- Matches the requirements of the universities to that of the student's profile.
- Keeps track of the individual program funding available and accordingly processes the application to those institutions.
- May eventually apply from 4 to 10 universities depending upon the availability of financial aid in the universities.
- Envoy has information on the resources available to individual departments at a university, in a particular year. This depends on the funding they receive from Federal, State Agencies and private institutions.
Financial Aid is the money to help you pay for your education. Financial aid comes in several forms: scholarships or grants, loans, and work assistance. The major providers of financial aid for graduate business students are the federal government, state governments, universities, private loan providers, employers, and private foundations. In other words Financial Aid is the funding provided either by a private agency or the university to cover either a part or the whole of tuition fee or living expenses incurred by a student. Financial aid decisions are generally made once a year. The deadlines for financial aid and applications are usually in January, February and March. Early applications are looked upon favorably.
Remember that missing deadlines and incomplete applications are the main reasons for rejection. Therefore, one requires being on time and ensuring that the application is complete. It sometimes takes several months for Universities to make a decision on the admissibility of applicants. Some institutions review all applications together and notify students on a given date. Others review applications individually as soon as they are complete, and notify the students right away. Myths on Financial Aid
- Financial Aid is just for economically deprived students.
- Financial Aid is just for smart students.
- Financial Aid is just for minority students.
- I have job, so I must not be eligible for aid.
- If I apply for Aid, it will affect whether or not I am admitted to the program.
- Loans are not financial aid.